The Sage, Gateshead improves green credentials

One of the North East’s most iconic landmarks has teamed up with O’Brien’s to improve its green credentials.

The waste management company have supplied a range of recycling facilities to the Sage, Gateshead to help make the building one of the most environmentally friendly in the region. 

The Sage chose to work with O’Briens because all recycling is done locally in Wallsend, with over 98% recycled. The remaining 2% is sent to an Energy From Waste processor which turns what cant be recycled into energy – meaning none of the waste goes to landfill.

Stephen Little, Chairman of the Green Team at The Sage Gateshead said: “It is fitting that one of the most environmentally advanced buildings in the region should introduce the more environmentally processes within than building.”

All staff at the Sage have been involved in the process, and O’Briens have also been on hand to provide advice and education about recycling.

Nathan O’Brien, director of O’Brien Waste Management, commented: “It’s fantastic to be working with organisations like The Sage Gateshead and to see that large operations care about what happens to their waste.”

Stephen added: “The fact that everything collected by O’Briens is recycled in Wallsend fits in perfectly with our Environmental Policy Statement which states we will recycle as high a percentage of our waste as possible locally.”

Share your comments

Share this with a friend

Comments (0)

Sitemap