|Employer||North East Business and Innovation Centre|
|Salary||£31,000–£35,000 Per annum|
An established, not for profit enterprise agency, the BIC offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are looking to recruit an Innovation Manager to take our already successful Innovation service forward. Part of the role (40%) will be to project manage a £1.4M ERDF contract which aims to stimulate innovation projects in the north east.
The successful candidate will, in short, be responsible for developing and delivering a process for our continued innovation strategy. To develop the innovation and creative capability of the BIC using internal and external resources and associates to create ideas that will develop new projects.
You will need to have the following skills/knowledge/experience:
- Experience of delivery at a senior level within the fields of innovation, brand, product or service development in a commercial environment.
- Background in engineering and product development would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in business planning and strategic development at managerial level.
- Excellent knowledge of finance and budgetary control.
- Excellent relationship-building and influencing skills at all levels.
- A very good knowledge of Innovation Networks and main players in the Region.
- An in-depth knowledge of UK and EU funding and application writing.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (including experience of workshop/seminar delivery)
- An in depth knowledge of sources of funding.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to manage timescales/deadlines
- Excellent communicator
- Commercially motivated
- Enthusiastic, committed, self motivated.
- Reliable, approachable and diplomatic
In addition, and importantly, you will be an enthusiastic individual with an innovative approach to work and an ability to find practical solutions to problems and issues.
Please see our website for an application pack www.ne-bic.co.uk or contact:
Debra Robinson (H.R.), North East Business & Innovation Centre, Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, Wearfield, Sunderland, SR5 2TA
(please note CV’s will not be accepted)
Deadline: 26th October 2011
Full time (37 hours p.w.), permanent
Salary £31K to £35K dependant upon skills and knowledge + Benefits
The Business Support in the North East project is part financed by the European Union’s ERDF Competitiveness Programme 2007-13.