|Employer||North East Business and Innovation Centre|
|Job Type||Temp / Interim|
|Salary||£23,000–£25,500 Per annum|
The BIC is an established, not for profit enterprise agency that offers a range of business support and property services throughout the North East region. Working with a broad range of clients from aspiring entrepreneurs to public sector bodies, the BIC is dedicated to supporting an entrepreneurial culture in the region.
We are looking to recruit a Business Advisor who will:
- Provide advice, mentoring and hands on business planning to individuals looking to start up a business and those new to trading
- Identify client skill levels and personal needs to develop appropriate solutions
- Engage and motivate individuals by developing achievable action planning
- Write and produce comprehensive business and financial plans in association with clients
- Provide a commercial service in non funded client scenarios
- Manage a caseload of clients at all stages of the advisory process
- Assist with the development of new services and initiatives as and when required
You will have the following Key Skills/Qualifications:
- Track record of starting up individuals in business, from concept idea through to trading (minimum 2 years experience)
- Counselling/advising/mentoring qualifications
- Professional membership i.e. Institute of Business Consultants,
- Positive approach about enterprise
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the practicalities of running a small business
- Knowledge of local network and contacts
- Good organisational skills and ICT competent
- Client Management
You will be an excellent communicator, enthusiastic, committed and self motivated.
An application pack can be obtained from our website www.ne-bic.co.uk or contact:
Debra Robinson (H.R.), North East Business & Innovation Centre, Sunderland, Enterprise Park East, Wearfield, Sunderland, SR5 2TA or email: debra.robinson
(please note CV’s will not be accepted)
Deadline: 26th October 2011
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 dependent upon skills and knowledge.
Full time (37 hours p.w.),
Fixed Term (At time of publication, funding for this position is only guaranteed to March 2012, continuation will be subject to confirmation of future funding)
The Business Support in the North East project is part financed by the European Union’s ERDF Competitiveness Programme 2007-13.