|Employer||Wallsend Memorial Hall and People’s Centre|
|Location||Wallsend, Tyne & Wear|
|Salary||£27,000–£27,000 Per annum|
The Business and Marketing Manager will join a team of senior managers reporting directly to the Chief Officer and the Board of Trustees. The organisation is looking to appoint a professional person to fulfil this important role in an expanding third sector organisation. The Business and Marketing Manager will take responsibility for several aspects of the organisation’s business including; overseeing market performance in relation to all the organisations’ many activities both commercial and contractual, developing future marketing strategies for commercial and community use of the venue and maximising revenue whilst adopting a ‘community based’ ethos. The Business and Marketing Manager will work closely with the current management team, to maximise the efficiency of contracts, functions and room hire opportunities. The Business and Marketing Manager will be responsible for the effective operation of the business’ Trading Company.
The Wallsend Memorial Hall and People’s Centre is a registered charity and Company limited by guarantee which works in the Wallsend and surrounding areas supporting and assisting the residents of the area to improve their lives by giving access to educational, cultural and employability opportunities. We provide qualified advice and guidance coupled with various other services and provision. The organisation is currently looking for a dynamic Business and Marketing Manager to assist in developing the business.
Responsible to: The Chief Officer
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Rate of Pay: £27,000 pa (Initially one year’s funding secured – possible permanent position thereafter
- The Business and Marketing Manager will be a member of the organisation’s senior management team.
- Responsible for the marketing of company facilities, resources and services
- Develop an annual marketing plan in conjunction with the management team and trustees, detailing the year’s activities to meet agreed company objectives and ethos.
- Achieve frequent and positive media coverage across all available media
- Attend trustee board meetings (held outside of normal office hours)
- Conduct market research to identify market requirements for current and future services
- To work closely with and develop an understanding of the work of all departments and staff members
- To develop strategic partner relationships in the business community and voluntary sector and to develop media contact networks
- To increase and maximise revenue opportunities on a yearly basis for the Company whilst working within a community based and ethos driven organisation
- To maximise the activity of the Trading Company and develop new business opportunities within the operation of the Trading Company
- Lead generation and appointment making
- Liaise with the directors of the Trading Company
- Establish and develop a customer/client database
- Effectively manage events staff
Person Specification (essentials)
- IT literate to a high standard
- Be able to demonstrate a background in business development, marketing or similar role
- Experience working in the Voluntary Sector or similar organisation
- Attention to detail
- Have a professional manner as a representative of the organisation.
Person Specification (desirable)
- Be a confident presenter and networker
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage, motivate and encourage staff
- Knowledge and understanding of social enterprise
- Experience of running a community venue including catering and printing facilities
The successful candidate
- Will be trustworthy, a great team player, experienced and confident in the role. This is a position that requires a dynamic ‘people person’ who will be motivated to succeed and develop an exciting business opportunity as two well-known community based organisations merge to become the cultural centre for Wallsend and the surrounding areas.
Please apply by cv and covering letter to
Maureen Madden, Chief Officer, Wallsend Memorial Hall & People’s Centre, 10 Frank Street, Wallsend, NE28 6RN
Closing date for applications – 12 noon, 25th July, 2011
Interviews will take place in the first week of August 2011.
Candidates not notified of interview may assume that they have not been shortlisted by the trustees.