bdaily.tv Keeping you in the picture

Download our media pack

The ultimate power shower

Date 23 Nov 2007
Author bdaily.info
Contribute

A teenage girl was struck by lightning - while washing her hair in the shower.

Abbie Jackson, from Dorset, saw the bolt flash through the window, hit her wrist and light up her arm, The Sun reports.

The showerhead flew out of her hand and she fled the bathroom in agony with a numb arm.

She escaped without any serious injury but still has a numb arm and pains in her shoulder. Her mother Tracy a 45-year-old care assistant told the Dorset Echo newspaper: "It was so unlucky for her to be struck like that. I took her to the doctor's surgery straight away but there wasn't really much they could do."

She added: "The whole thing was freaky."

  • Post a comment
  • Send to a friend

Send to a friend

Add your comments

Fields marked (*) are required

Sitemap