bdaily.tv Keeping you in the picture

Download our media pack

Curry causes fire scare at 35,000 feet

Date 23 May 2007
Author The Editor
Contribute

British Airways have taken steps to ban cabin crew from microwaving their own food after a ready meal exploded mid-flight causing $40,000 worth of damage. The transatlantic flight on 30 April was disrupted when a high-powered microwave ignited a stewardess' supermarket-bought curry and caused panic.

After the aircraft safely landed in Miami, British Airways commented that either the passengers of aircraft were in any danger as fire estinguishers were deployed immediately to bring the micro-blaze under control.

Indian food does have a reputation for being hot, but really...

  • Post a comment
  • Send to a friend

Send to a friend

Add your comments

Fields marked (*) are required

Sitemap